Monday, March 18, 2013

End of the week randomness


Even though this has been a really short work week (3 days only) I’m still glad that it is weekend.  Hopefully we have now seen the last of the snow (we has some more this morning) and that spring is on its way. I can so do with a change of clothing!  Don’t you find that you get tired of wearing winter clothes?

My poor mom is in hospital, she had her second hip replacement done. She is feeling okay but it is still too early to tell if this one is going to be better than the last one. She is meant to leave the hospital on Tuesday.  Only down side is that my dad is leaving on Tuesday. He booked and paid for a trip to South Africa before they knew about her hip replacement. So she’ll be home alone. I might go and stay with her to help out but it looks like Himself will be gone for 2 weeks so we’ll have to play it by ear. Luckily her dr. said that she’ll walking by Tuesday, fingers crossed this is the case.

Speaking of Himself, he bought Cat some shoes yesterday. This morning as she was putting them own I thought to myself, those shoes are massive, I’m sure they’ll fit me …True’s Bob! They did! Okay, seriously someone hand me a brick to put on this kid’s head. She is getting way too big! 10½ and already she has shoes that fit me! And she steals my hoodies all the time! When did this happen? When did my baby girl get this big?

My mom measured them last weekend, she has grown 7 cm / 2.75 inches since the end of August!  Not only is she getting taller she is also becoming so big and responsible.

Last week she told me that she no longer wanted me to wake her up in the mornings cause she was going to set her alarm and get up by herself.  Now this child of mine is so not a morning person. Getting her up and dressed is time consuming and frustrating. So I had some serious doubt.

Man was I wrong. She gets up the moment her alarm rings. She wakes up Tiger and before I make it to the kitchen they are in there, dressed, hair done, having breakfast. I know, it’s crazy! 

She also made scones, all by herself, on Tuesday. Okay, we had the recipe with us and told her step by step what to do but she did it. All I had to do was roll out the dough and pop it in the oven.

While all of this makes me so proud I’m also a little sad, she really is not my little girl anymore.
She is my big girl now. 

earning their keep last weekend while staying over at my parents

No comments:

Post a Comment