Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday means Book club!

Despite my really crappy week on the work front which had the effect of not seeing much (ready very very little) of Himself or the kids I did manage to read a book.
 
How you might ask, was I reading i/o working or reading i/o spending time with my family. No! I'm shocked that you would even think that.  I read, on the bus, or train or while waiting for said bus or train.
 
And now, while I'm waiting for updates I made (3 hours ago) to the website (at work) to show I'm quickly blogging. Anything to keep me from screaming at the top of my lungs.


So what did I read? Thought you would never ask!

Zero Day by David Baldacci.



What is it about?

In Zero Day, David Baldacci introduces a new character, John Puller. In this the first in what I assume will be a series, military investigator John Puller is called to a remote, rural area where an entire family have been murdered in their home.

What did I think about it?

Firstly let me say, I love Jack Reacher of all the Lee Child books. And because I like Jack Reacher so much I like John Puller. Cause they could be the same guy. Ok, before Jack left the army.
 

Other than the fact that the main character was so much like Jack Reacher I liked the story line.  There were plenty of twists and turns to keep you interested. The story moved along at a good pace. And, for an army novice like me it seems pretty plausible. In any case I read for enjoyment, not to figure out whether the author did enough research.

So  if you've enjoyed the Jack Reacher series, and wouldn't mind another character like him, get yourself a copy while I get back to work. O and don't forget to link up!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review, I love a good murder series. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby loves the Jack Reacher series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this link up!! I think I might just have to do it! I haven't read any jack reacher books, but I think I'll have to give it a try after I finish these books i have lined up to read already lol! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete