Monday, March 19, 2012

My inner Victoria Beckham

I'm a lazy dresser and will even go as far as admitting that I'm a bit of a dud when it comes to being stylish.


I am more than happy to wear my jeans and sneakers everyday. It's comfortable and quick and easy and you can't really mess up that look.I mean how hard can it be to mach a pair of jeans with a t-shirt and sneakers?


On the other hand, I love shoes! I love pretty shoes and I love high heel shoes. I even own some which I tend to wear on 'special occasions' like weddings and such.
I'm also very bad at shopping for myself, in fact I would rather go clothes shopping for anyone other than myself, including a stranger.

Unfortunately for me my clothes, just like that of everyone else suffer from wear & tear and I recently had to throw some stuff out.  Which naturally meant that I had to go and buy a couple of replacements.

And you know what, I bought myself a pair of ridiculously impractical shoes.  Not only did I buy them, I've actually worn them 3 times already. Once for a night out, and twice to work.
 

I know they would be much nicer if they had red soles ...

And I must admit because of this I think Victoria Beckham deserves way more respect than what she gets.  I mean I've worn my cheap ass  not Louboutins on three occasions. She wears her fabulous heels every single day! She even manages to go & watch her boys play football without ever once tripping or falling on her face.

Not only that, she never looks like she just pulled on the first pair of jeans she could find and shoved her feet into a pair of uggs/sneakers and put a cap on to hide her 'bed head'.  I don't think I'll ever look as put together as she does on a daily basis BUT, I do admire her for it.


Luckily for me my man is quite happy for me to wear next to no make-up and live in my jeans & t-shirts. But I'm a girl so it's nice to mix it up every once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment