Monday, December 19, 2011

Tell me the truth you bunch of Liars -

I was totally inspired by 'Tell me the truth you bunch of Liars' so here is my list of things I really am grateful for:

The fact that I don't have to dress up for work which means that pulling on a pair of jeans, a hoody & sneakers is all the thinking required from me about my outfit in the morning.

Having had the presents of mind to make sure the kids school uniform was put out the night before because there are few things as annoying as them not finding a sock or a shirt for school.

And while we are on the subject, school uniforms, it's wonderful not to have to argue with Cat about taking ages on deciding what to wear for school every day.

I also have to admit that I love the odd evenings when the kids are in bed and Himself is out which means that I get to lie in bed and watch what ever I want!

Being able to use the kids as an excuse for not going to a party or some kind of event. It's terrible and please tell me that I'm not the only one who has done this but man it's useful!

Getting snowed in. I love it cause it means no school, no work and just being totally lazy wearing pj's all day long and watching movies. Love it!

Having a husband & kids who are very happy to get take-away for dinner!

PSP & Nintendo for making long trips so easy. I know there are mom's out there who make up games and all kinds of special things for their kids to do. Great for you, you clearly are a far better mom than me!

Coffee, wine & cookies ... not at the same time but I don't think I could live without any of it!

So go ahead and admit what you are really grateful for and while you are at it check out Sassy-modern-mom's list.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a FUN list... I agree with you on so many - coffee, wine, and cookies - yes, yes, and yes...

    take away for dinner - so needed some nights! School uniforms = awesome - less thinking involved... I hope Audrey wears a uniform when she is in school (not yet sure where that will be..)

    ha, using kids as an excuse is a DEFINITE parenting perk!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list!!! And no, you are definitely not the only one to ever use your kids as an excuse for getting out of a party. I am also not above faking illnesses. I am thinking this year I'll have anthrax poisoning the night of Cory's work Christmas party. :o)

    ReplyDelete